Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Freddie & The Dreamers - The Ultimate Collection

Reupload-Request
Mp3\201 Mb
******************
Biography by Stephen Thomas Erlewine
Freddie & the Dreamers were the clowns of the British Invasion, playing their pop music for laughs while the other groups of the time were dead serious. Lead singer Freddie Garrity (born November 14, 1940) began playing in skiffle groups in the late '50s, switching to rock & roll in the early '60s. After the Beatles broke the American market wide open, Freddie & the Dreamers followed in the flood of acts that tried to duplicate the overwhelming success of the Beatles. The group's hits were more numerous in the U.K. than in America, where they had only one Top Ten hit, the number one "I'm Telling You Now." As 1965 turned into 1966, the group stopped charting in the U.S. and the hits began to dwindle in the U.K.; by 1968 the original group disbanded. Garrity continues to tour with a new version of the Dreamers.
*****************************
"...this compilation is very well done and is great value. In addition to all the singles, you get notable album tracks and a couple of hilarious oddities like Short Shorts. At times the band tackled standards and other somewhat more serious stuff, with mixed success. Fans of Roy Orbison's "Crying" will be doing just that over Freddie's rendition of the song... "( by Peter Reeve) more
"... this is the best Freddie & The Dreamers compilation on he market.Most of the tracks will be new to American fans,since they only had 3 or 4 hits here.UPDATE:Sadly,in the years since I originally wrote this review,Freddie Garrity passed away... "(by Philip A.Cohen) more
*******************
Freddie & The Dreamers - TheUltimate Collection ( 2006)
CD1 - A's & B's
01 If You Gotta Make A Fool Of Somebody02 Feel So Blue03 I'm Telling You Now04 What Have I Done To You05 You Were Made For Me06 Send A Letter To Me07 Over You08 Come Back When You're Ready09 I Love You Baby10 Don't Make Me Cry11 Just For You12 Don't Do That To Me13 I Understand14 I Will15 A Little You16 Thing's I'd Like To Say17 Thou Shall Not Steal18 I Don't Know19 If You've Got A Minute Baby20 When I'm Home With You21 Playboy22 Some Day23 Turn Around24 Funny Over You25 Hello Hello26 All I Ever Want Is You27 Brown & Porter's Meat Exporters Lorry28 Little Brown Eyes29 It's Great30 Gabardine Mac31 Get Around Down
CD2 - Albums EPs & Rarities
01 - Yes I Do02 Tell Me When03 I Think Of You04 Don't Love You Anymore05 Do The Freddie06 A Love Like You07 How's About Trying Your Luck With Me08 Money (That's What I Want)09 Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah10 Kansas City11 It Doesn't Matter Anymore12 Johnny B Goode13 Little Bitty Pretty One14 I'm A Hog For You15 I Just Don't Understand16 Silly Girl17 In My Baby's Arms18 I Wonder Who The Lucky Guy Will Be19 Viper, The20 Sally Anne21 Jailer Bring Me Water22 See You Later Alligator23 Some Other Guy24 Crying25 59th Street Bridge Song (Feeling Groovy)26 What I'd Say27 Windmill In Old Amsterdam, A28 Camp Town Races29 Short Shorts30 When I See An Elephant Fly
*******************
Part 1
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...