Saturday, May 29, 2010

Billy J. Kramer with The Dakotas - Little Children & I'll Keep You Satisfied (1964)


This Collectables reissue features two albums released in 1964 on the Imperial label by British invasion band Billy J. Kramer and the Dakotas. Although their reign on the pop charts would be extremely short, they managed to score a few memorable hits. The albums Little Children (also the title of their first hit single in the U.S.) and I'll Keep You Satisfied include several Lennon/McCartney-penned songs: "Bad to Me" (another hit), "Do You Want to Know a Secret," and "I Call Your Name," along with cover versions of "Da Doo Ron Ron," "Great Balls of Fire," and "The Twelfth of Never." While this is a fine reissue, The Best of Billy J. Kramer on EMI would probably be a better purchase for anyone but the most ardent Merseybeat fan.




Little Children

01. Little Children

02. Da Doo Ron Ron

03. Dance with Me

04. Pride

05. I Know

06. They Remind Me of You

07. Do You Want to Know a Secret

08. Bad to Me

09. Great Balls of Fire

10. It's Up to You

11. Tell Me Girl



I'll Keep You Satisfied

12. I'll Keep You Satisfied

13. I Call Your Name

14. Beautiful Dreamer

15. The Twelfth of Never

16. Sugar Babe

17. I'll Be On My Way

18. From a Window

19. Second to None

20. Anything That's Part of You

21. Still Waters

22. Yes

23. The Cruel Surf
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...