Saturday, August 25, 2012

VA - Massive Hits! Sixties


Massive Hits! 60s [3CD] (2011)

Audio CD (18 April 2011)
Number of Discs: 3
Format: Box set
Label: Emi Gold
ASIN: B004N1HCJ4

"...You'll either need to cry off for a few hours, or go on an extended road trip to listen to this compilation because I warn you, once you hit 'Play', you won't be stopping any time soon! I've got a full day tomorrow just plugging in and listening to this gorgeous collection of songs. I wonder if the professional compilers feel like we did when we used to make up our own mix tapes? Somehow, they have to convince us that these are 'the ones' that ought to be included. Well, nobody made any mistakes!

The compiled songs make 25 hits per CD from looking through what's offered and how the albums are made up. It's convenient to offer the downloads and for us to back them up on our own discs! Great idea. With the likes of Paul Jones; Edwin Hawkins Singers; Johnny Nash; Love Affair and Ken Dodd...

Hang on, did I just say...er, yup! He's there too. And, guess who else? Yes, Des O'Connor. I loved his singing when I was a kid and that hasn't changed.

I've only given you six names out of seventy-five. I'll leave it to you to look through the rest for yourselves. As a radio jock, I highly recommend this triple album. It'll have you singing all the way through...." ~ radiojock

***
CD1
01. The House Of The Ising Sun - The Animals
02. I'm Into Something Good - Herman's Hermits
03. Daydream - The Lovin' Spoonful
04. I Like It - Gerry & The Pacemakers
05. Walkin' Back To Happiness - Helen Shapiro
06. Dance To The Music - Sly & The Family Stone
07. 5-4-3-2-1 - Manfred Mann
08. California Girls - The Beach Boys
09. Do You Want To Know A Secret - Billy J Kramer & The Dakotas
10. I'm Alive - The Hollies
11. Poison Ivy - The Paramounts
12. Black Magic Woman - Fleetwood Mac
13. Tobacco Road - The Nashville Teens
14. The Frightened City - The Shadows
15. The Weight - The Band
16. Got To Get You Into My Life - Cliff Bennett & The Rebel Rousers
17. Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da - Bedrocks
18. Seven Drunken Nights - The Dubliners
19. Hi Ho Silver Lining - Jeff Beck
20. The Cruel Sea - The Dakotas
21. I'm Telling You Now - Freddie & The Dreamers
22. Alfie - Cilla Black
23. Eorgy Girl - The Seekers
24. Hold Me - P. J. Proby
25. True Love Ways - Peter And Gordon

CD2
01. Return To Sender - Elvis Presley
02. She She Little Sheila - Gene Vincent & His Blue Caps
03. Happy Birthday Sweet Sixteen - Neil Sedaka
04. Walking To New Orleans - Fats Domino
05. Hang On Sloopy - The McCoys
06. Dance With The Guitar Man - Duane Eddy
07. Perfidia - The Ventures
08. The Lion Sleeps Tonight - The Tokens
09. Barbara Ann - The Beach Boys
10. You're No Good - The Swinging Blue Jeans
11. The Night Has A Thousand Eyes - Bobby Vee
12. Someone Else's Baby - Adam Faith
13. Hit And Miss - John Barry Seven Plus Four
14. I'm A Tiger - Lulu
15. Here I Go Again - The Hollies
16. Do Wah Diddy Diddy - Manfred Mann
17. Google Eye - The Nashville Teens
18. Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down) - Cher
19. Aquarius - Paul Jones
20. Up Up And Away - The Johnny Mann Singers
21. Apache - The Shadows
22. Spooky - The Classics IV
23. Kites - Simon Dupree & The Big Sound
24. Green Tambourine - The Lemon Pipers
25. I'm The Urban Spaceman - Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band

CD3
01. Oh Happy Day - Edwin Hawkins Singers
02. You Got Soul - Johnny Nash
03. Bringing On Back The Good Times - Love Affair
04. I'll Take You Home - Cliff Bennett & the Rebel Rousers
05. Promises - Ken Dodd
06. Boom Bang A Bang - Lulu
07. A Must to Avoid - Herman's Hermits
08. Hello Little Girl - Fourmost
09. With a Little Help from My Friends - The Young Idea
10. Bad To Me - Billy J Kramer & The Dakotas
11. Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood - The Animals
12. All I Really Want To Do - Cher
13. I've Been A Bad Bad Boy - Paul Jones
14. Anyone Who Had A Heart - Cilla Black
15. A World Without Love - Peter And Gordon
16. Morningtown Ride - The Seekers
17. I Understand - Freddie & The Dreamers
18. You'll Never Walk Alone - Gerry & The Pacemakers
19. Where Do You Go To (My Lovely) - Peter Sarstedt
20. Light My Fire - Jose Feliciano
21. From Russia With Love - Matt Monro
22. Move Over Darling - Doris Day
23. More Than I Can Say - Bobby Vee
24. I Pretend - Des O'Connor
25. Maria - P. J. Proby


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...